Wednesday, October 31, 2007

I Married the Man of My Dreams!!

If there is anything in this world better than marrying the love of my life, I couldn't tell you what it is. (editor note: the birth of my children excluded, of course.) Chris and I were married in a very beautiful ceremony that included a walk in the Princess-Diana-dress-to-end-all-dresses down the stairs to "There is Love (The Wedding Song)" by Paul Stookey. When our eyes met during the ceremony, we could not unlock them - we even forgot for a moment that we had an audience of family members! When the music started, I thought my heart would leap from my chest, I could barely breathe. Each step that brought me closer to my love, became a step closer to our eternity together. How I love him!

It was the most incredible experience and something I will remember the rest of my life. To be in love, then marry under covenant, then get to spend the rest of your life with your true love...well, it is inexplicable. I have never felt that way before, ever. Chris, my dream come true.

We spent the most amazing honeymoon in the lower Hill Country, Bluff Dale Texas, on a ranch that houses little cabins in the woods called The Hideaway Cabins. What a romantic getaway! Secluded little cabin, luxurious hot tub under a thick blanket of stars and a sweet little farm-raised breakfast made for one amazing honeymoon! Well, that and one man's incredible lovin'!! ; ) The Niedziela family owns this working Longhorn ranch, and they will make you feel right at home.

On the second day of our honeymoon we visited Fossil Rim Wildlife Center and let me tell ya, if you have never had wild deer eat from your hand, an ostrich poke his head in your car or a zebra you can reach out and touch, then you must pay a visit to this incredible place. We had so much fun driving through the preserve and seeing/feeding/talking to the animals that we really didn't want to leave. The drive is just long enough for you to take it all in, and there is a halfway area with a decent restaurant and gift shop.

After Fossil Rim, we went back to the cabin and relaxed (i.e. more hot tub!). The next moring we fished a little watering hole where I caught the only bass of the day and then we headed for our little place on Possum Kingdom Lake for more romance.

Oh yeah, and if you read Chris' blog, you will know that I bought a SWEET little Lady Smithy .38 Special that I just love!

I could not have asked nor planned nor prayed for a more perfect wedding and honeymoon.

"He who loves his wife loves himself. For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh." Eph. 5:28

No comments: