Thursday, November 15, 2007

The Wisdom of Uncle Ted

I admit it. I am not a big fan of Ted Nugent's music. I do not agree with everything he says, nor his delivery of it. In fact, there are times that I have winced at his agressiveness and have shaken my head in disbelief at what comes out of his mouth. However, there is no denying the absolute dedication and passion that this man has for ensuring that everyone is educated about our Second Amendment rights and that they take those rights seriously. Uncle Ted (as my husband and I like to call him) has made me more receptive to the challenge we have before us in America today. It is not only criminals and terrorists that we battle against, it is other Americans themselves that seek to destroy our Constiution by diluting or denying our Second Amendment rights. I have no problem with him representing the many of us who believe in this God-given right and choose to enact it each day of our lives.

Chris sent me this link today, and as I watched it, found myself to be a sort of cheerleader on the inside. In his outspoken and unrefined way, Ted managed to strike a chord in me that resonated to my very core.

I have been blessed with an incredibly responsible, patriotic and loving husband who takes our constitutional rights very, very seriously and applies those rights to protecting our home and family every single day. I stand behind him and support him in his effort to provide an arsenal of protection for us and to ensure that we are all educated about it and each piece in it. My respect for his dedication to this endeavor grows each day.

I do not sit-in-wait to shoot someone. And while I hope that I never have to kill anyone with my firearm (or otherwise) in my home, you can be sure that no predator will have to second guess me as I pull the trigger and empty metal into his body and blow the smoke from my barrel afterward.

1 comment:

chrisb said...

Ted hit the nail on the head in that interview for sure.